Wow, how the time flies. It’s been more than five months since the last release of AMPLE Scaffolder. During that time we had a major relocation of the company and have been quite busy standing up some exciting new projects, to include a brand new residence for the AMPLE Scaffolder software. But now that we’re all moved in, we thought it was high time that we addressed a few of the minor bugs that have been lingering about since the last release. In addition to bug fixes, we’ve also added a few new features in this latest package. If you’re at all curious, you can read on for more details, or you can skip directly to the download link.
- If you attempted to select specific fields under the SQL query generator, the field list would disappear upon update. This was an unexpected result of a change made to support new features in the previous release. The issue has now been addressed and fixed.
- Directory paths in the previous release were reliant on the current upload directory path specified under the Files tab. This was an oversight that resulted in files not being properly removed from the file system if the path was different from what was listed in the database. So absolute and relative path support has now been added to allow all existing files to be removed regardless of the current upload directory specification. All existing file directory paths are now retrieved from the database on a per file basis.
- The software update status check path was still pointing to the old resource used for MBG Scaffolder. This has been updated to its new location.
- Minor updates were made to the help documentation to outline the new features below as well as general corrections based on dated information.
- All uploaded files are now linked allowing users to preview or download any existing files that were attached to a record within a table.
- Images that are uploaded are now available as a thumbnails allowing users to actually see and confirm the image that was uploaded.
- Images are also linked so you can view or download the original image.
- Previous versions of AMPLE Scaffolder will soon be available in case you discover compatibility issues or bugs within the latest release.
- We’re considering making beta builds available too. But that will most likely depend on the level of demand for new features, fixes, etc.
As always, let us know if you have any questions, comments, feature requests, or notice any glaring undiscovered bugs in this latest release. Well, what are you waiting for?